The School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS) recently established the Felicitous Computing Institute devoted to multi-disciplinary research problems and applications for next-generation ubiquitous computing. The Institute has several immediate openings for Research Fellows in all aspects of ubiquitous computing, including mobile computing, social networking, sensor networks, context-awareness, speech- and motion-based interaction, and user modeling and evaluation. The successful candidate will possess outstanding expertise in novel approaches for the design of ubiquitous computing systems, for ensuring their dependability, for enhancing them with multiple modes of user interaction, and/or for evaluating and understanding their impact on users and society. The successful candidate will also have a passion for experimenting with novel applications of such approaches.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A PhD in a relevant area of Computing or Information Systems, or a PhD in the Social Sciences with a central emphasis on relevant problems in Computing or Information Systems
- Research experience in Computing or Information Systems
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- An excellent publication record
- Excellent communication skills
- High creativity for independent research
- A strong desire to work as part of a research team
Nature of Job
- Investigating and developing theories, algorithms, approaches, techniques, tools and applications for next-generation ubiquitous computing systems, including novel approaches for their evaluation
- Writing research papers for submission to and publication in leading conference and journal venues
- Presenting research results in seminars, workshops and conferences
- Presenting results and prototypes to visitors
- Collaborating with colleagues across research groups within the School of Computing, and with colleagues from faculties outside the School of Computing
- Initiating collaborations with relevant companies
- Contributing to the writing of proposals for external funding for the Institute
- Promoting the goals and achievements of the Institute
- Full engagement with the scholarly life of the Institute and the School of Computing
Length of Appointment
Appointments are available immediately and will last for one year, renewable annually based on performance and available funding.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary of S$5000 to S$7000 per month (depending on qualifications and experience) and a comprehensive package of benefits.
About NUS & Singapore
NUS is a world-class university that provides an outstanding, supportive research environment. Its School of Computing was recently ranked by QS as #1 in Asia and #12 in the world. Singapore is a modern, diverse, highly developed country with an excellent standard of living.
Application Mode & Contact
Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation describing past and current research interests and accomplishments, together with a CV, list of publications and contact details for at least two references, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions will remain open until filled.