The School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS) recently established the Felicitous Computing Institute devoted to multi-disciplinary research problems and applications for next-generation ubiquitous computing. The Institute has several immediate openings for Research Assistants in all aspects of ubiquitous computing, including mobile computing, social networking, sensor networks, context-awareness, speech- and motion-based interaction, and user modeling and evaluation. The successful candidate will possess outstanding programming and analytical abilities and the ability to learn new languages, tools and platforms. The successful candidate will also have a passion for experimenting with novel applications.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- An MSc or first-class honours in Computer Science or Information System
- Fluent in written and spoken Englis
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding programming ability
- High creativity for independent work
- A strong desire to work as part of a research team
- Previous work experience and publication experience are highly desirable
Nature of Job
- Programming novel infrastructures and applications on next-generation computing platforms such as smartphones and sensor networks
- Conducting experiments, case studies, user studies and other empirical evaluations of prototype systems
- Enhancing and maintaining the Institute Web site
- Contributing to the writing of research papers for submission to and publication in leading conference and journal venues
- Demonstrating results and prototypes to visitor
- Collaborating with colleagues across research groups within the School of Computing, and with colleagues from faculties outside the School of Computin
- Promoting the goals and achievements of the Institute
- Full engagement with the scholarly life of the School of Computing at NUS
Length of Appointment
Appointments are available immediately and will last for one year, renewable annually based on performance and available funding.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary of S$3000 to S$4000 per month (depending on qualifications and experience) and a comprehensive package of benefits.
About NUS & Singapore
NUS is a world-class university that provides an outstanding, supportive research environment. Its School of Computing was recently ranked by QS as #1 in Asia and #12 in the world. Singapore is a modern, diverse, highly developed country with an excellent standard of living.
Application Mode & Contact
Interested applicants should send a letter of motivation describing past and current interests and accomplishments, together with a CV, list of publications (if any) and contact details for at least two references, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions will remain open until filled.